the SPACE for aspiring architects
- Information about architecture career pathways, including
- accredited university courses in New Zealand and internationally;
- overview of the registration process in New Zealand
- Information and articles to expand your architectural knowledge in Portico Journal;
- Tools to support you in developing your unique architecture skillset and career;
- Courses to support your unique pathway (coming soon!)
Portico believes in aspiring architects who:
- care deeply about the places we inhabit;
- are engaged with changing technological, social, climatic and material processes;
- value openness, communication and collaboration in their work and relationships; and
- want to use their skills and talents with energy, passion, and freedom.
Portico was established by New Zealand-based Architect, Teaching Fellow, and writer, Sophie Hamer.